My Great God

My Great God
This is what the Lord says:"Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the Lord"- Jeremiah 17:5

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Who am I?

Today was my mid week longer run. I mapped out my route last night so i knew exactly where i needed to run. I woke up with a slight stomach ache but that ain't goin to stop this girl. Had a great time with Jesus, quiet... focused. Before i knew it i was out runnin. No joke, I got spooked by 2 Hispanic guys that were crossing the street. They whistled and chased me for about 5 seconds as if i was a horse! Totally freaked me out, i definitely ran faster.




 I had John MacArthur's sermon on expectations on. SUPER SUPER helpful! The main point the Lord drove into me today was the fact that I am lowly. Philippians 3 tells me so. But what the heck is lowly? The contrast came when Paul talks about Jesus coming  back, and changing me from this


 lowly state into His glory!! SO that leads me to think about why I do what I do. Why am I trying to be seen as UN- lowly or should I just say superior, or proud??? (You know what i mean) And MacArthur went on to talk about our society and how it is all about "Your best life now!" It scream at us to milk this world for all its worth. Get as much as you can, be as fulfilled as you can, live it up and get it all because the world says your life is for you. As if that will make me happy, totally void of peace. Wat a lie to I am believing when i think achieving a certain appearance or status as a big reason I exist! (I am not saying to ditch hard work and to not give a rip about how you look when you walk out the door.) I mean come on, If you guys have ever read the bible you know I am a dirty rotten sinner! I know my heart... I know where I let sin thrive. I know where i like to justify my actions. But with this sermon and the sermon from Monday about humility, it couldn't be more clear... I am not alive to live for me! haha.. My comfort and earthly pleasure is not at the top of Jesus' priority list for my life, so why is it ok for them to be on mine?! The fact that Jesus wants my character to be exactly like his is awesome! What a privilege. The fact that He knows me and loves me and wants the absolute best for me, i am nothing but thankful!!! He desires me to find true satisfaction TODAY in communing with Him. He isn't mean for not giving me what i have prayer for for so many years! Little did I know I was praying for idols. How patient and forgiving He is to me.
 I am so unimpressed sometimes with what this world offers, ya know? I am so thankful for those little glimpse's ! Jesus is alive. 

Same God that created these legs created mine! Haha! 


I got through my run and it was hard... FORSURE! I was pretty fatigued to begin with and the rain and tummy ache didn't seem to let up. But by the grace of my Lord i was faster than last Wednesday!! WOOHOOO!!! Totally unbelievable. 

1 comment:

  1. thats awesome you are seeing progress in your times!! and its so cool to see you giving all the glory and praise to the Lord!

    love that cheetah pic :)

    ReplyDelete