My Great God

My Great God
This is what the Lord says:"Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the Lord"- Jeremiah 17:5

Friday, October 15, 2010

Sweet, sweet, sweet!

What a day! I'm not going to lie... today has been a hard day. But today is also one of the most eye opening, reality shocking kind of a day. I AM SO THANKFUL FOR TODAY. Who am I to have the family I have, the friends I have, the health an body I have. That's just it! I am nothing, I don't deserve a lick of grace! When will I learn! Today started out with Nicci Hunt on a great run! She makes me so thankful for my church. Loving the leadership the Lord has put over us and actually being thankful for it.  She makes me want to go to Texas.. she also makes running super enjoyable!
6am and lookin hot..or not... !!!




Then hurry home to get ready for work and make my yummy protein shake ! 1/2 cup almond milk, 1cup decaf coffee, Hemp seed protein, ice and a dash of stevia and blend! Ta' Dah! YUM!

Stonefire!
But today just kept getting better (not that I thought that in the moment) But i had lunch with my Dad! Just me and him... that's a recipe for goodness! I wanted to write this on my blog because as the Lord has been convicting me of being thankful for my health, running... etc. I have so much more, so many things that I constantly overlook and selfishly take for granted. My Mom and Dad are so kind. So patient with me. I do not deserve their love, their care, their protection, their interest in me, their constructive criticism... the list goes on an on. And this just parallels the Lords love to me.(and you) If i am not thankful for my earthly authority seeing through the eyes of faith or if i act as if they are there to do my will how can I possibly love and understand how undeserving I am of earthly things and visible people. What makes me think I am genuinely thankful for my heavenly Father and heavenly things when my eyes are on me or on what others should change for my convenience? As if the Lord is not sovereign in placing me under the people he has! Which He has given me the most gracious, godly parents and he has made that clear today that the best choice for me to make is humility I have to be the one to change because I am the problem. Humility ain't no extra-ultra godly characteristic that only some can achieve (that would make it pride eh?? haha) It's just living in reality! Reality is, is that I don't know it all, I'm wrong a lot. (feel free to remind me of this whenever you want) I want to live in the reality of the cross! Don't you??? What a sweet place to be...What a great day the Lord has given me. And now, I'm off to Santa Clarita!

No comments:

Post a Comment