My Great God

My Great God
This is what the Lord says:"Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the Lord"- Jeremiah 17:5

Saturday, October 9, 2010


My amazing friend Amber!
 This picture was taken right before we took off running. Today was my first "long run" in the training process. It was only 11 miles and honestly I thought it wouldn't be too bad. Pride comes before a fall! Haha! I say this because today was one of the hardest runs that I can remember. Now I am not in optimal running shape and I am trying to run faster. Put those two together, you make for yourself a little taste of Hell! No joke, my legs felt like elephants! I elaborate on the tremendous pain and disappointment I was feeling because in the end, there is only one way I could have finished. That would only be by THE STRENGTH THE LORD GAVE ME  every single step. This is kind of funny because when I walked, my knee started to hurt immediately so I had to keep running. (Now, I know why my knee hurt, so yes mom... I will take care of it) But I see the grace of God in the pain because it kept me going. Not the most ideal way, but since when is the Lords will exactly how I want it to be. Today seemed to just remind me of my weakness which I think is a great thing! But honestly, I'm tempted to fall into doubt... that my goal may be too high, that the Lord can't supply me with very real physical strength and endurance! What a sin, disbelief! My sweet, sweet friend Amber told me truth, she always directs me to the Lord! And as we were foam rolling after the run, she said that she wasn't going to let me quit trying to achieve my goal, especially after one little disappointing run. Yikes!! What an encouragement in the midst of me being so hard on myself after my first long run. A Reminder to press on. I can't do this myself! I need the Lord and He seems to reveal himself by using my friends. (Thanks to all my friends and fam for being so easily used by the Lord in my little life!)! The Lord is so cool, I am so thankful for the gift He has given me in her friendship! So bring on the soreness (I already feel it)..tomorrow is my rest day. And I will press on only by the grace of Jesus. Death on a cross is far worse then being out of breath with an aching body. What a Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment