My Great God

My Great God
This is what the Lord says:"Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the Lord"- Jeremiah 17:5

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Week 1

Training has officially begun. Of course it's going great. I am still living in the motivation that comes when you begin something new. But I have been faced with the test of patience already! In the pursuit to run faster and shorten my times, I get impatient because I'm slow and the goal seems so hard to achieve. Its the baby steps that test me! It was great though, I was listening to Al Mohler's 2008 Resolved sermon on "Heaven" (which actually made me run faster, no joke!). The Lord was so kind to reveal to me the brevity of my life. That in heaven I will have a new perfect body! (I  bet I will be able to run super fast in the proper heart rate zone! j/k Haha) But the reality that this is not my home and the trials and temptations I face, even in the moment of the run today, are to be expected and for my good.
There was a moment that I wanted to slow it down. As I was quickly justifying this weak sauce decision the Lord brought himself to my mind. I needed help. I WAS SO WEAK, literally. In that quick moment, I begged Him for strength to keep going hard. What's great is that he gave me just enough strength to finish. The pain and discomfort didn't go away... it was "endure-able". Haha! I love it! He made it so clear that He is with me and I need Him. What a great day!

1 comment: